The Airdrie & District Community Foundation is a registered charity for individuals and businesses to make tax deductible donations to a permanent financial legacy to benefit our community, now and forever.
Almost every City in Canada has a charitable community foundation to create a permanent financial legacy for future financial grants to enhance the lives of residents, particularly, the disadvantaged. Community foundations issue tax receipts for donations, and hold the principal forever in investments, while donating the interest and fund earnings every year to worthwhile local charities.
Our Community Foundation started in 2016 with $10,000.00. Since then, with great community support our fund has grown to over $300,000.
We have granted funds as follows:
- Victim’s Assistance $3,250
- Airdrie 2020 Winter Games $3,250
- Airdrie Meals On Wheels $500
- Community Links Social Services $5,000
- PMAST Youth Mediation and Counselling $5,000
- Airdrie Victims Assistance $5,000
- Airdrie Boys and Girls Club $500