The Airdrie & District Community Foundation is a registered charity for individuals and businesses to make tax deductible donations to a permanent financial legacy to benefit our community, now and forever.
Almost every City in Canada has a charitable community foundation to create a permanent financial legacy for future financial grants to enhance the lives of residents, particularly, the disadvantaged. Community foundations issue tax receipts for donations, and hold the principal forever in investments, while donating the interest and fund earnings every year to worthwhile local charities.
Our Community Foundation started in 2016 with $10,000.00. Since then, with great community support our fund has grown to over $350,000.
We have granted funds as follows:
- Airdrie & District Victims’ Assistance Society $4,082.00
- Bethany Seniors Society $3,500.00
- PMAST Peer Mediation and Skills Training $3,350.00
- Airdrie Public Library $1,225.00 from the John and Peggy Graham Fund for Early Literacy
- Community Links $5,000
- Bethany Care $5,000
- Victim’s Assistance $3,725
- Airdrie 2020 Winter Games $3,250
- Airdrie Meals On Wheels $500
- Community Links Social Services $5,000
- PMAST Youth Mediation and Counselling $5,000
- Airdrie Victims Assistance $5,000
- Airdrie Boys and Girls Club $500
Special COVID Grants 2020
In May and October of 2020 our Foundation was selected to disperse almost $200,000 in Emergency Covid Government Funding in Airdrie, which is now complete.
Airdrie Victims’ Assistance $65,000
Community Links $50,000
Airdrie Foodbank $30,000
Airdrie Lioness Hampers $23,000
Airdrie Boys & Girls Club $15,860
Airdrie Bethany Foundation $6,420
Airdrie Public Library $2,000
Airdrie Meals On Wheels $1,200